Obtaining a good sample is a key part in dealing with a contaminated warfare environment. Because a detection system relies entirely upon the amount of pathogens collected in a sample, obtaining a quality sample is crucial.
The M-Vac provides much higher pathogen extraction rates than any other method (i.e. sponges, swabs, contact plates). It excels at each aspect of the sampling process:
- Largest surface area per sample (up to 10 square feet, 9300 square cm)
- Deep surface extraction of pathogens
- Results comparable to excision or bulk sampling
- Highest recovery of any sampling method
- Greater sampling and detection confidence
- Reduced probability of a false negative
- Decreased lab time and fewer supplies
Bio Threat Benefits
Why Choose M-Vac?
- The M-Vac was designed for use on virtually any surface that can be sampled with a swab, sponge, or contact plate.
- The M-Vac provides a liquid sample which eliminates the need for elution processes.
- The M-Vac is designed for collection of all types of warfare agents including but not limited to anthrax, ricin, botulinum toxin, and bubonic plague.
- Exceptional results on porous surfaces.